Re: postgres getting slow under heavy load though autivacuum is enabled

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: postgres getting slow under heavy load though autivacuum is enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM, tamanna
madaan<tamanna.madan@globallogic.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using postgres 8.1.2 with slony 1.1.5 used for replication between two
> nodes. Very high number of db operations like (2.8 million inserts, 1.4
> million update and 4.5 lakhs deletes.) are being done on db in one
> transaction and this is repeated for 5-6 times a day  at an interval of let
> say 2 hours. This process is runnning for 5 consective days. It is obeserved
> that db is getting very slow with time. The number of dead tuples getting
> increased in pg_listener,  sl_log_1 and sl_seqlog tables with time though I
> have autovacuum enabled and slony related tables like (sl_log_1 , sl_seqlog
> etc) are configured not to be processed by autovacuum . Please let me know
> what could be the reason of increasing dead tuples in these tables and
> postgres getting slow.

increase fsm size, in config.
upgrade to newest release of 8.1.x
The slony tables perhaps should be vacuumed too.

--
GJ

От: "tamanna madaan"
Сообщение: postgres getting slow under heavy load though autivacuum is enabled