Re: Foreign Key Unique Constraint can be dropped

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Foreign Key Unique Constraint can be dropped
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Vlado Moravec<vm.devs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> from postgres docs: "foreign key must reference columns that either are a
> primary key or form a unique constraint". It does not allow creating foreign
> key constraint on non-unique column - an error is raised.
> After playing with a new database I discovered that such a unique constraint
> can be droped after the foreign key constraint has been established. No
> warning, no error.
> Is such a behaviour intended? I have found no references in the docs.

what version of postgresql you're testing it on ?
you're sure that foreign key isn't dropped as well ?
On 8.3 and 8.4 it doesn't allow me to do it, unless I drop
index/constraint cascade, in which case foreign key constraint gets
dropped as well.