Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Carlos Oliva <carlos@pbsinet.com> wrote:
> Woudl it be possible to keep the current postgresql version running in a
> different port, install a new version of postgresql, and copy the data from
> one version to the other while both versions are running?  This might give
> us time to copy the tables and databases one at a time and reconfigure the
> database access for parts of the application until we complete the migration
> to the new version.
Yes it is possible. You can setup new version of postgresql with new
data directory, in different location (say /var/pg_new/data), run it
on different port, and have multiple postgresql installations running
side by side.
What OS do you run, and where do you get postgresql binaries from.

_Please stop replying on top_. Top posting is a baad thing on mailing lists.

От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?
От: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?