Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Carlos Oliva <carlos@pbsinet.com> wrote:
> Would I need to upgrade the entire cluster or can I just upgrade database wise?
Obviously whole installation has to be dumped and restored. Wether you
are going to dump database by database, or do pg_dumpall, is up to
you,and mainly depends on cluster size.
It's just that binary format of stored files changes from major
release to release, and postgresql will refuse to start with old
format data directory (where it stores all databases).

--
GJ

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: warm standby with WAL shipping
От: Geoffrey
Сообщение: Re: warm standby with WAL shipping