Re: Slow update

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: Slow update
Дата
Re: Slow update  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Herouth Maoz <herouth@unicell.co.il> wrote:
> I hope someone can clue me in based on the results of explain analyze.

Did you have a chance to run vmstat on it, and post it here ? Maybe -
if db resides on the same disc with everything else, something
(ab)uses that much io, and it has to wait.
Also, I don't know - but personaly I didn't like the line in explain:

 ->  Bitmap Index Scan on billing_msisdn_sme_reference
(cost=0.00..24.70 rows=389 width=0) (actual time=2
1.418..21.418 rows=252 loops=151332)
        Index Cond: ((b.msisdn)::text =
(("substring"((rb.msisdn)::text, 1, 0) || '972'::text) || "substrin
g"((rb.msisdn)::text, 2)))

But the cost is next to none, so that's not it.

--
GJ