Re: left join with smaller table or index on (XXX is not null) to avoid upsert

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: left join with smaller table or index on (XXX is not null) to avoid upsert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/1/19 Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>:

> Yes, but what about a table with an update trigger on it that does
> some interesting bit of housekeeping when rows are updated?
exactly, that's another one of reasons why I wouldn't write that patch :P

> It's a prime example of fixing a problem created by not knowing how
> the database works, and creating a possible problem for people who do
> know how it works.

Like I said, I was just daydreaming right after getting out of bed.
Forgive me, also - I do know how it works, but it is interesting to
explore such options sometimes - to learn that the simple design of db
is the best possible :)

--
GJ

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: left join with smaller table or index on (XXX is not null) to avoid upsert
От: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Сообщение: too smart update (was: left join with smaller table or index on (XXX is not null) to avoid upsert)