Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem

От Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Тема Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem
Дата
Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I've got a table that I am trying to SELECT DISTINCT on one column and
> ORDER BY on a second column, but am getting the error:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT ON expressions must match initial ORDER BY expressions

try
SELECT distinct,  array_accum(bar) FROM table WHERE bar < '2008-12-07
 16:32:46' AND tbl_id=153 ORDER BY bar LIMIT 1;

or even, when you change bar to proper type - that is, timestamp

SELECT distinct foo,  min(bar) as minbar, max(bar) as maxbar FROM
table WHERE bar < '2008-12-07
 16:32:46' AND tbl_id=153 ORDER BY bar LIMIT 1;

etc.

Trick, is to use aggregate on other value(s).

HTH

--
GJ