Fwd: Speed with offset clause

От Yves Vindevogel
Тема Fwd: Speed with offset clause
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
<excerpt>

Hmm, I can't do this, i'm afraid.  Or it would be rather difficult

My query is executed through a webpage (link to the page in a
navigation bar)

I do not know how many records there are (data is changing, and
currently is 600k records)

The only thing I could do, is doing this in a function where I first
get the page, and then decide whether to use the normal sort order or
the reversed order

That would put my weak point right in the middle, which is not that
bad, but I would like to find an easier way, if that is possible

Huge memory would help ?