Re: Database corruption help

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Database corruption help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> The only other corruption mechanism I can think of is that pg_clog might
> contain commit bits for some logically inconsistent set of transaction
> numbers, due to some pages of pg_clog having made it to disk and others
> not.  That could result in some of the intermediate tuples in the chain
> not being seen as dead --- but that's not what we see here either.

Or can it be otherwise where some transactions which in fact
committed, are marked as aborted because of clog corruption ? In that
case, some of the intermediate tuples in the HOT chain may get removed
(because we handle aborted heap-only tuples separately) and break the
HOT chain.

I am also looking at the pruning logic to see if I can spot something unusual.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee
EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: MSVC buildfarm members are all unhappy
Сообщение: Re: MSVC buildfarm members are all unhappy