Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Heikki Linnakangas

> Right, this is certainly not a new problem. It's not even a new problem in
> the context of replication or hot standby, because we already have the
> problem with PITR and file-based log shipping.
>
> Also, it's not just a problem *during* the recovery. The index is just as
> corrupt after the recovery has finished.

Just curious, how do we handle the case of corrupted hash index today
? If we can detect that the index is corrupt because of bad page
headers etc, then its still OK; we can throw an error. But what if the
hash index is used after recovery and it returns wrong tuple(s) ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee
EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs
Сообщение: Re: Preventing index scans for non-recoverable index AMs