Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

>  For previously established reasons, we don't want to add ORDER BY clauses to
>  every test that might fail under exceptional circumstances so we test all
>  plan types equally.  I think very small block sizes are fairly exceptional,
>  unless you have a reason up your sleeve why they are a good idea.

Now that we have autovacuum on by default, we might get into random
failures because of re-ordering. Though I don't seem to recall anybody
complaining yet, it could just be that we are lucky or our regression
suite don't have long enough running tests to give autovacuum chance
to recycle some of the dead tuples.

Thanks,
Pavan

--