Re: PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND doesn't work expectedly

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND doesn't work expectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:36 AM, ITAGAKI Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>  I tried to make a patch to exclude PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND
>  from PROC_VACUUM_STATE_MASK and make autovacuum workers to clear
>  PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND by themselves. Is it a reasonable solution?

Looks good to me. Otherwise we can pass additional parameter to
autovacuum_do_vac_analyze() and then use vacstmt to pass the information
to vacuum(). Not sure which is a cleaner way though.

I also noticed that inside autovacuum_do_vac_analyze(), we save the old
context (which is TopTransactionContext) and restore it back after vacuum()
returns. But vacuum() might have started a new transaction invalidating the
saved context. Do we see any problem here ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee