Re: 8.3.0 Core with concurrent vacuum fulls

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: 8.3.0 Core with concurrent vacuum fulls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Two backends try to vacuum full two different catalog tables. Each acquires an
>  exclusive lock on the respective catalog relation. Then each try to
>  initialize its
>  own catalog cache. But to do that they need AccessShareLock on each other's
>  table leading to a deadlock.

Well I could reproduce the above mentioned deadlock scenario with two system
relations. So that validates the theory.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee
EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: 8.3.0 Core with concurrent vacuum fulls
Сообщение: Re: 8.3.0 Core with concurrent vacuum fulls