Re: Representation of redirected line pointers in HOT

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Representation of redirected line pointers in HOT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

What I'm thinking is that we should instead do this by extending the use
of the lp_flags field.  lp_flags is two bits, which we currently define
as independent LP_USED and LP_DELETE bits, but in fact LP_DELETE is
never used in heap pages.  (It is used in indexes.)  I propose that
we redefine lp_flags as having four states, say

        LP_UNUSED       0
        LP_NORMAL       1
        LP_REDIRECT     2
        LP_DEAD         3

Sounds good to me. I saw you committed this change. Do you want me
to update HOT patch to use this or you are already doing that ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee