Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design
Дата
Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT - revised design  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 3/30/07, Florian G. Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:

My idea was to store a list of xid's together with the cached plan that
are assumed to be uncommitted accoring to the IndexSnapshot. The query
is replanned if upon execution the IndexSnapshot assumes that one of
these xid's is committed.

Actually, if we are using Serializable Snapshot then there is no chance
to replan the query before the transaction completes and the next
transaction to start in the session must see the index and hence
we must replan. So it would be enough just to associate a transaction
id with the cached plan. If this xid is set and our transaction id is
different than that, we replan.

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout