Re: Free space management within heap page

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Free space management within heap page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 1/23/07, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> BLCKSZ is typically 8192 bytes and sizeof(ItemPointerData) is 4 bytes.
> 1/4 comes from 8192 / 4 = 2048. If we allow zero-size tuples, the line
> pointers area can bloat up to the ratio. We have tuples no less than
> 32 bytes-size, so the area is restricted 256 bytes now.

sizeof(ItemPointerData) == 6 bytes

I guess ITAGAKI meant sizeof(ItemIdData) which is 4 bytes. Thats the data type
for the line pointer.

Thanks,
Pavan

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: "Pavan Deolasee"
Сообщение: Re: Piggybacking vacuum I/O
От: Iannsp
Сообщение: About PostgreSQL certification