Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/19/23 10:57 AM, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 12:17:50AM -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

>> PostgreSQL 16 continues to give users to the ability grant privileged access to
>> features without requiring superuser with new
>> [predefined roles](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/predefined-roles.html).
>> These include `pg_maintain`, which enables execution of operations such as
>> `VACUUM`, `ANALYZE`, `REINDEX`, and others, and `pg_createsubscription`, which
>> allows users to create a logical replication subscription. Additionally,
>> starting with release, logical replication subscribers execute transactions on a
>> table as the table owner, not the superuser.
>
> [pg_use_]reserved_connections might also deserve a mention here.  AFAICT
> it's the only new predefined role that isn't mentioned in the announcement.
> I'm okay with leaving it out if folks don't think it should make the cut.

I'm not sure how widely used this one would be, so I left it out.
However, open to other opinions.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 release announcement draft