Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi David.

On 2018/02/23 20:34, David Rowley wrote:
> On 22 February 2018 at 22:31, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Some comments:
>>
>> * I noticed that the patch adds a function to bitmapset.c which you might
>> want to extract into its own patch, like your patch to add bms_add_range()
>> that got committed as 84940644d [2].
>
> I've made that 0001 in the series

Thanks.

> I've attached an updated set of patches.
>
> I hope this also addresses Rajkumar reported crash. I ended up making
> some changes to how the Param values are determined by reusing more of
> the existing executor code rather than duplicating it in
> partkey_datum_from_expr. I really could use a sanity check on my
> changes to that function now, especially the cross type portion.

I've incorporated portions of 0002 and 0003 into my patch on the other
thread (v34) posted at [1].  That is, mostly the changes around handling
OR clauses and interface changes resulting from it.

Attached are revised version of your patches after the aforementioned
rearrangements.  Note that after I took out the optimizer portion of the
0003 patch to incorporate it into my patch (OR clause processing bits),
not much was left in it, so I squashed it into 0002.  So there are only
0001 and 0002.

As a review comment on 0002, I think trypartitionprune is better written
as try_partition_prune.

Thanks,
Amit

[1]