Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Дата
Ответ на Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/11/19 4:44 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 16:41, Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>
>> On 10/11/19 4:30 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> allow it to be done via SQL. Otherwise, the user can break the driver
>>> by using SQL to set the list to something that the driver's not
>>> expecting, and there's nothing the driver can do to prevent it.
>>
>> ... unless there is something like a (perhaps more generally useful)
>> BECAUSE I HAVE :cookie AND I SAY SO clause.[1]
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure nothing in the protocol
> currently would allow this

Nothing in the protocol to support: a post-connection-establishment
changeable list of reportable GUCs? Or some sort of cookie-based
arrangement to lock something down?

If you meant the cookie scheme, the way I had envisioned it in that
earlier message, I didn't see anything about it that would require
protocol support. I was tempted to do a PoC implementation as a plain
old extension. I can't say that I have, yet, but I'm still tempted.

-Chap