Database owner can't analyze/vacuum all of the database tables

От Yonatan Ben-Nes
Тема Database owner can't analyze/vacuum all of the database tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

When I try to analyze (or vacuum) the database with the owner of the database I receive the following warnings:

help2.com=> ANALYZE ;
WARNING:  skipping "pg_authid" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
WARNING:  skipping "pg_tablespace" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
WARNING:  skipping "pg_pltemplate" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
WARNING:  skipping "pg_shdepend" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
WARNING:  skipping "pg_shdescription" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
WARNING:  skipping "pg_database" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
WARNING:  skipping "pg_auth_members" --- only table or database owner can analyze it
ANALYZE

I checked at the documentation and found that those tables are shared across all of the databases of the cluster.

So my question is, is it important to analyze/vacuum them? or maybe because they are scarcely used (I don't even know if this assumption is right) it's not important to analyze/vacuum them?

I can always change their owner to the database owner but I guess that if the database owner didn't get ownership over those tables too then there is a reason for that...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Yonatan Ben-Nes