Re: Unexpected crash

От Mikko Partio
Тема Re: Unexpected crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 7/19/07, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
Mikko Partio wrote:

OK. This is RH Enterprise Server, then?

Yes.
cat /etc/issue

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 8)
Kernel \r on an \m

Is there a server log-line saying you have a sig-11 crash?

No that is the only line (with verbosity DEBUG2).

What's puzzling me is why shift+return is different from just plain
return (which presumably works). I'd suspect readline or similar. Try
something like "rpm -q --requires postgresql-client" (you'll need to
check the details, haven't used rpm much recently) to see what packages
psql is depending on. Then just check they look OK for your installation.

Here's the results for that query but I don't know how interpret them:

rpm -q --requires postgresql-8.2.4

/sbin/ldconfig
initscripts
libc.so.6