Re: [HACKERS] LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines

От Sokolov Yura
Тема Re: [HACKERS] LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-08-30 16:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
>> It doesn't seems to make sense to consider this patch unless we get
>> access
>> to suitable Power machine to reproduce benefits.
>> This is why I'm going to mark this patch "Returned with feedback".
>> Once we would get access to the appropriate machine, I will resubmit
>> this
>> patch.
>
> What about hydra (that 60-core POWER7 machine we have community
> access to)?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Anyway, I encourage to consider first another LWLock patch:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1166/
It positively affects performance on any platform (I've tested it
on Power as well).

And I have prototype of further adaptation of that patch for POWER
platform (ie using inline assembly) (not published yet).

--
Sokolov Yura
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.ru