Re: Feistel cipher, shorter string and hex to int

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Feistel cipher, shorter string and hex to int
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

>     r2:=l1 # ((((1366.0*r1+150889)%714025)/714025.0)*32767)::int;
> -- but what about this? where does it come from?

This function:
(1366.0*r1+150889)%714025
implements a known method to get random numbers. I think it comes from
"Numerical recipes" by William Press.
Note that the algorithm is not tied to that function, it could be
replaced by something else (especially one that involves a private
key), but it has to be carefully chosen or the end result won't look so
random.

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage:

Сообщение: Re: An example needed for Serializable conflict...
Сообщение: Re: An example needed for Serializable conflict...