Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access
Дата
Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access  (Hannu Krosing <hannuk@google.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2022-06-28 at 16:27 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Experience shows that 99% of the time one can run PostgreSQL just fine
> > without a superuser
>
> IME that's not at all true. It might not be needed interactively, but that's
> not all the same as not being needed at all.

I also disagree with that.  Not having a superuser is one of the pain
points with using a hosted database: no untrusted procedural languages,
no untrusted extensions (unless someone hacked up PostgreSQL or provided
a workaround akin to a SECURITY DEFINER function), etc.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe