Re: The database slows down after a few weeks

От Damian C
Тема Re: The database slows down after a few weeks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Bekar Bartaia <bbartaia@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Versions running:
> > Linux Fedora Core 3
> > psql (PostgreSQL) 7.4.8
> > jdk1.5.0_02
>
> The first tip I'd give you is to get onto something newer than PG 7.4.
> Fedora 3 is pretty long in the tooth as well.

Although unlikely to be related to your problem or its solution, but
jdk1.5.0_02 is certainly not recommended. The "5" series is currently
at 1.5.0_12.  Also, it is likely that an update to JRE6 (currently
1.6.0_02 Build 06) would yield few problems and significant
performance gains for a 10 minute effort.
-Damian