[HACKERS] code cleanup empty string initializations

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема [HACKERS] code cleanup empty string initializations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In initdb, many global string variables are initialized as empty strings
("") and then checked later with strcmp(), instead of just using NULL.
I think this is probably left over from the shell script conversion.
The style has also spread to pg_basebackup.  So here is a patch to clean
that up, and a second patch to clean up some other a bit confusing
business in initdb that seems like old shell script code.

While looking around, I found some useless empty string initializations
in the ecpg test suite as well, and here is another patch for that.