Re: string literal continuations in C

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: string literal continuations in C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/23/19 2:51 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Per a recent thread, these patches remove string literals split with
> \-escaped newlines.  The first is for the message "materialize mode
> required, but it is not allowed in this context" where it's more
> prevalent, and we keep perpetuating it; the second is for other
> messages, whose bulk is in dblink and tablefunc.  I think the split is
> pointless and therefore propose to push both together as a single
> commit, but maybe somebody would like me to leave those contrib modules
> alone.

I take it since I was explicitly CC'd that the contrib comment was aimed
at me? I likely copied the convention from somewhere else in the
backend, but I don't care either way if you want to change them. However
I guess we should coordinate since I've been berated regarding error
codes and will likely go change at least two of them in tablefunc soon
(not likely before Thursday though)...

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com