Re: proposal to add people.postgresql.org as a CNAME for planet.postgresql.org

От Selena Deckelmann
Тема Re: proposal to add people.postgresql.org as a CNAME for planet.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>>
>> Can we add people.postgresql.org as a CNAME for planet.postgresql.org?
>>
>> It's a natural alias that Gevik (and several others including me) have
>> used when they meant to say 'planet'.
>
> Not necessarily the same thing.  For example, people.debian.org is
> completely distinct from planet.debian.org.  A "planet" subdomain is pretty
> well established as a blogging aggregator.  Where is the precedent for
> "people"?

I don't think there's a precedent for it.  It's just a thinko people
make about the name for blog aggregators. I've heard it said and
written before, and Gevik just did it.

Dave's right - that alias was already being used by the individual blogs.

My mistake - please leave things as they are :)

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: proposal to add people.postgresql.org as a CNAME for planet.postgresql.org
Сообщение: Re: proposal to add people.postgresql.org as a CNAME for planet.postgresql.org