Re: PostgreSQL vs FreeBSD 7.0 as regular user

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs FreeBSD 7.0 as regular user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4:53 pm 07/25/08 Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at> wrote:
> I don't know. How to determine? Running this as my own user:

Is this your own machine or at an ISP?
If it is your own machine, then most likely you are not in a jail. You
would know if you were since you would have had to do it.

If at an ISP once way to know if you are in a jail I think is to try to
ping and traceroute.

I think by default you can't do one of those within a jail.
Also try ifconfig. A jail will show you a single IP. A "real" machine will
show you usually at least two. 127.0.0.1 and some other address.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs FreeBSD 7.0 as regular user
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs FreeBSD 7.0 as regular user