Re: [HACKERS] Is ECPG's SET CONNECTION really not thread-aware?

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Is ECPG's SET CONNECTION really not thread-aware?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Tsunakawa-san,

sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling all of last week and only
just came back.

>> What does this mean by "not thread-aware?"  Does SET CONNECTION in one
>> thread change the current connection in another thread?
>> It doesn't look so, because the connection management and SQL execution
>> in ECPG uses thread-specific data (TSD) to get and set the current connection,
>> like this:

I'm pretty sure it is indeed thread-aware, although I didn't provide the
code for this feature myself.

> So the doc seems to need fix.  The patch is attached.

Thanks, applied.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.