Re: `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions???

От fimbulvetr@lycos.com (fimbulvetr)
Тема Re: `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions???
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote in message news:<25631.996872872@sss.pgh.pa.us>...
> <rocael@usa.net> writes:
> > FATAL 1:  configuration file `postgresql.conf' has wrong permissions
>
> > One thing to note is that before I rebooted linux I did this:
> > chmod 755 -R /usr/local/pgsql
>
> That was a bad idea.  700 is the most permission you should have on the
> /usr/local/pgsql/data directory.  I am not sure why the code is so picky
> about postgresql.conf and not about the data directory as a whole ---
> but it will refuse to start up if postgresql.conf has more than 744
> permissions.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I experienced this problem as well, I changed permissions on
/usr/local in order to get our samba share to work, and the next day
the database would not start.
744 will allow the postmaster to start again.
Dan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: