Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/7/2016 4:54 PM, metaresolve wrote:
> Choking: I get the "Waiting for the query execution to complete" circling
> around for a while. I tried shutting it down and trying again but it's still
> freezing on the execution. But if the TB are accurate, I wonder why it's
> slowing on this? Any thoughts?

note database write performance on a windows desktop system thats
probably using one desktop hard drive is going to be a LOT slower than a
proper dedicated database server.

inserting lots of rows into a table that has a multiple indexes is also
quite time consuming.     in fact, if you're starting with an empty
table, don't create ANY indexes til AFTER you populate the table with
data, and before doing the CREATE INDEX, make sure
'maintenance_work_mem' is like 1GB.

Сообщение: Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin
Сообщение: Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin