Re: large string storage in Postgresql

От AI Rumman
Тема Re: large string storage in Postgresql
Дата
Re: large string storage in Postgresql  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I have an individual text string of 2 GB.
I may use Postgresql 8.4 also. But what data type should I use to store this column value of 2GB?

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
On 17/01/2010 1:51 PM, AI Rumman wrote:
Hello all,
I have to store 2 GB text in the database. Previously I was using Oracle
database with CLOB data type.

Do you mean individual text objects that are 2GB or larger each?

Or do you mean you have a bunch of smaller (how big?) text objects that add up to 2GB or so?

Assuming you mean individual objects >= 2GB, you'll have to use PostgreSQL BLOBs or use external files.

What do you need to do with this text? What operations are you performing on it? Full-text search?

Could anyone please tell me how can I do it in Postgresql 8.0 or later?

Do you need to actually support 8.0? For a new project I'd favour starting with 8.3 or 8.4 .

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: large string storage in Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: large string storage in Postgresql