Re: Add annotation syntax to pg_hba.conf entries

От Jim Jones
Тема Re: Add annotation syntax to pg_hba.conf entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Robert, Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback!

On 05.10.23 00:55, Tom Lane wrote:
>> You're probably not going to like this answer very much, but this
>> doesn't seem particularly worthwhile to me.
> Yeah, I was unconvinced about the number of use-cases too.
> As you say, some support from other potential users could convince
> me otherwise, but right now the evidence seems thin.
Most likely I am one of the very few using comments to sort of
semantically annotate pg_hba entries :)
>> The argument for this
>> feature is not that this information needs to exist, but that it needs
>> to be queryable from within PostgreSQL.
> Not only that, but that it needs to be accessible via the
> pg_hba_file_rules view.  Superusers could already see the
> pg_hba file's contents via pg_read_file().
That's my current strategy. I will keep doing that :)
> Again, that's not an argument that this is a bad idea.
> But it's an answer that would likely satisfy some fraction
> of whatever potential users are out there, which makes the
> question of how many use-cases really exist even more
> pressing.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I'll withdraw the CF entry, since the feature didn't seem to resonate
with other users.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Best, Jim

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
От: tender wang
Сообщение: Re: Problem, partition pruning for prepared statement with IS NULL clause.