Re: [HACKERS] Logical tape pause/resume

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical tape pause/resume
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Logical tape pause/resume  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10/10/2016 10:31 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>>> Ok, good. I think we're in agreement on doing this, then, even if we don't
>>> agree on the justification :-).
>>
>> Agreed. :-)
>
> Attached are new patch versions. Rebased them over current head, fixed a
> number of bugs in the seek and backspace code, and did a bunch of
> stylistic cleanups and comment fixes.

A rebased set of patches attached.

In the meanwhile, Robert committed the cap on the number of tapes. Since
that's in, I'm not sure if the pause/resume part of this is worthwhile.
Maybe it is.

For now, barring objections, I'm going to commit the first patch. It
seems like a worthwhile simplification in any case, especially for
Peter's Parallel tuplesort patch set.

- Heikki