Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi Tatsuo,

On Aug 1, 2017, at 7:06 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

Hi,

The PostgreSQL Core Committee put together guidelines for recognizing PostgreSQL NPOs and community conferences.  I have assembled these guidelines into the attached patch.

Because the language in most of the patch has been approved by core, please *do not* review the language within the guidelines themselves.  Things like code, linking, typos etc. are still fair game.

If I do not hear any objections by EOD Aug 1, I will apply the patch to -www.

Thanks!

Jonathan

What would happen to the conference events already listed at
https://www.postgresql.org/about/event? Are they going to be removed
if the organizer of a conference does not agree with this?

The guidelines for events are not about what is listed on the events page, those are available here:  https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval#Approving_Events_and_Event-Related_News_.28excluding_training.29

The guidelines are for recognizing what constitutes a *community* event versus an event about PostgreSQL, i.e. this sentence:

> Events that do not meet the criteria will still be welcomed (where appropriate under the general listing policies) -
> for example, events organised by a single company which may still be valuable for people to attend, but are
> not necessarily what we would consider fully “open.”

Best,

Jonathan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch