Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments

От David Christensen
Тема Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 13, 2010, at 10:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> +1. Preserving the comments when you change the value could make the
>> comments totally bogus. Separating machine-generated values into a
>> separate file makes plenty of sense to me.
>
>> Which one wins, though? I can see cases being made for both.
>
> IIRC the proposal was that postgresql.conf (the people-editable file)
> would have "include postgresql.auto" in it.  You could put that at
> the top, bottom, or even middle to control how the priority works.
> So it's user-configurable.  I think the factory default ought to
> be to have it at the top, which would result in manually edited
> settings (if any) overriding SET PERMANENT.

Since this is just touching the local servers' postgresql.conf.auto (or whatever), any reason why SET PERMANENT
couldn'tbe used on a read-only standby?  Could this be to manage some of the failover scenarios (i.e., setting any
relevantconfig from a central clusterware|whatever)?

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen