Re: Tuning for mid-size server

От Anjan Dave
Тема Re: Tuning for mid-size server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh,

The app servers are seperate dual-cpu boxes with 2GB RAM on each.

Yes, from all the responses i have seen, i will be reducing the numbers to what has been suggested.

Thanks to all,
anjan

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Josh Berkus [mailto:josh@agliodbs.com]
    Sent: Tue 10/21/2003 1:22 PM
    To: Anjan Dave; Richard Huxton; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
    Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Tuning for mid-size server

    Anjan,

    > From what I know, there is a cache-row-set functionality that doesn't
    > exist with the newer postgres...

    What?  PostgreSQL has always used the kernel cache for queries.

    > Concurrent users will start from 1 to a high of 5000 or more, and could
    > ramp up rapidly. So far, with increased users, we have gone up to
    > starting the JVM (resin startup) with 1024megs min and max (recommended
    > by Sun) - on the app side.

    Well, just keep in mind when tuning that your calculations should be based on
    *available* RAM, meaning RAM not used by Apache or the JVM.

    With that many concurrent requests, you'll want to be *very* conservative with
    sort_mem; I might stick to the default of 1024 if I were you, or even lower
    it to 512k.

    --
    Josh Berkus
    Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Tuning for mid-size server
Сообщение: Re: Tuning for mid-size server