Re: does ODBC quotes table or field's name?

От Schleis, David
Тема Re: does ODBC quotes table or field's name?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I don't know if it is the same problem, but I do know that Oracle's ODBC driver
did have a bug in which it used double quotes internally inconsistently. This
made it impossible to query a PostgreSQL table from an Oracle database.
The last I heard is that there has been a patch released, but I have not yet
applied it. The Oracle TAR for the bug is 13953728.6

-- dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Netto [mailto:rcnetto@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 11:42 AM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] does ODBC quotes table or field's name?

I'm trying to migrate an application made with Delphi from Oracle to
PostgreSQL... There's a problem I think it's related to the ODBC driver... (Not
a problem at all, but a feature). When I execute a sql statement through Delphi,
I receive an error message saying the table does not exists... I intercepted the
SQL statement and notice that ODBC insert quotes around tables and fields name,
no matter how I wrote the sentence into Delphi... Is it really ODBC Driver who
does that? If so, is there a workaround?

Thank you all!
Netto