Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: How to keep format of views source code as entered?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 12 Jan 2021, at 20:54, Alex Williams <valenceshell@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ingolf,
>
> For comments in views, I create a unused CTE and put my comments there, e.g.
>
> WITH v_comments AS (
>          SELECT 'this is my comment' AS comment
>         )
>
> Alex

You do know about COMMENT ON VIEW v_comments IS ’this is my comment’, right?

viewssource code is different from the code I entered. The code is formatted differently, comments are gone and e.g.
alltext constants got an explicit cast to ::text added. (see sample below).

>> I want the SLQ code of my views stored as I entered it. Is there any way to achieve this? Or will I be forced to
maintainmy views SQL code outside of PostgreSQL views?

>> Any hints welcome!
>>

>> Here is an example:
>>

>> I enter this code to define a simple view:
>>

>> create or replace view myview as
>>
>> select
>>
>>   product_id,
>>
>>   product_acronym
>>
>> from
>>
>>   products -- my comment here
>>
>> where
>>
>>   product_acronym = 'ABC'
>>
>> ;
>>

>> However, when I open the view my SQL client (DBeaver) again, this is what I get:
>>

>> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW myview
>>
>> AS SELECT product_id,
>>
>>     product_acronym
>>
>>    FROM products
>>
>>   WHERE product_acronym = 'ABC'::text;
>>

>> So, the formatting changed, keywords are capitalized, the comment I added in the from-part has gone and the text
constant'ABC' changed to 'ABC'::text.

>> Verizon Deutschland GmbH - Sebrathweg 20, 44149 Dortmund, Germany - Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 14952 -
Geschäftsführer:Detlef Eppig - Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Francesco de Maio

Alban Hertroys
--
There is always an exception to always.