Re: [HACKERS] Press Release Draft - 2016-02-09 Cumulative Update

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Press Release Draft - 2016-02-09 Cumulative Update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Feb 7, 2017, at 6:40 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

On Feb 7, 2017, at 4:07 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.  I have updated the recipe along with Emre’s comments here:

[updated text not included in the email]

I still don't think the recipe is a very good one because it leaves you
with a window where the affected columns are not indexed at all.

Okay, so I propose two options:

1.  Does anyone have a recipe they recommend that might be better? OR

Do the CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY first, then DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY the
old index, then rename the new index to the old name.

Cool.  Updated:

I added a note to alert people to disk space usage utilizing this method.

Thanks for the help!

Jonathan.