RE: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )

От Horak Daniel
Тема RE: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > It seems that you have found a bug in the cygipc library.  I suggest
> > reporting it to the author of same...
>
> Yes, but can we expect all NT sites to get the patch before using
> PostgreSQL?  Is there a workaround we can implement?

The workaround is in my first mail in this thread - it disables the
preallocation of semaphores (storage/lmgr/proc.c/InitProcGlobal()) in the
cygwin port.Some patch that will correct the behavior of IPC library is not
available yet and I don't if it ever can be available (it can be a desing
problem in the library or Windows internals).
        Dan