Re: [HACKERS] Clock with Adaptive Replacement

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Clock with Adaptive Replacement
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Clock with Adaptive Replacement  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> 24 апр. 2018 г., в 11:31, Юрий Соколов <funny.falcon@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> Before implementing algorithms within PostgreSQL it will be great to test them outside with real traces.
>
> I think, there should be mechamism to collect traces from real-world postgresql instalations: every read and write
access.It should be extremely eficient to be enabled in real world. Something like circular buffer in shared memory,
andseparate worker to dump it to disk.
> Instead of full block address, 64bit hash could be used. Even 63bit + 1bit to designate read/write access.
Yes, this is good idea to track pattern of blocks usage.
But, I think that cost of development of real page eviction strategy itself is neglectable small compared to
infrastructurechanges needed by any non-CS5 strategy.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partitionwise join enabled.
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Built-in connection pooling