Migration Wizard - Access 97 Autonumber

От D Tim Cummings
Тема Migration Wizard - Access 97 Autonumber
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I am trying to migrate an Access 97 database to PostgreSQL 7.3 using
pgAdmin 1.4.12 and the Migration Wizard 1.4.12.  I want to keep using
the Access 97 front end connected to the PostgreSQL backend.

The default type mapping didn't work for me but I discovered that
mapping  Boolean -> int2 (instead of bool) and  Currency -> float8 (instead of money)
meant I needed no changes to my Access97 front end.

The problem I had was the Autonumber mapping.  By default Autonumber
maps to int8 which causes Access 97 to think all records in the linked
table are deleted.  If the PostgreSQL data type is changed to int4,
Access97 works fine.

I noticed in the mailing list archives on 05 Dec 2002, a subscriber
mentioned that he needed int8 for autonumber fields to migrate for his
version of Access, which I can only assume is later than Access 97.
Dave Page replied that he had now changed it from int4.  It would be
handy if this feature was selectable like the other type maps, so that
neither myself, nor the original subscriber are placed in the position
of having to drop the migrated table just to fix the data type of the
Autonumber field.

Otherwise this is a great program that has already saved me many hours
of work.

Tim Cummings