Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.

От John Abraham
Тема Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On Feb 15, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

If I'm correct, what you want is that, when you paste into Excel, there
would be some kind of automatic typing of columns. I don't see that as
"easy to implement" for three reasons:

No sorry you misunderstand.  I just want an additional row at the top with the column names in it.  Nothing complex.

I suppose it should be "Copy with column names".  (It's just called "Copy with Headers" in SQL Server Management Studio.)

1. I guess it'll be windows only, which doesn't please me.

No, same as copying data out of the Data Output pane now, works on mac and windows and probably every other platform.  Format is controlled with "Result copy quote character" and "Result copy field separator".

2. I suppose they use some kind of Excel specific format, which we don't
  know.

No, the same format that data is copied out, just text with some separators and quote characters.  Just an additional row at the top with the column names.

3. I don't own a copy of Excel, meaning I cannot test such a change.

Paste it into a text editor to test it.

Thanks a lot!

--
John Abraham

Сообщение: Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.
Сообщение: Re: \Copy and "Copy With Headers" -- every day these bug me.