Re: About debugging trigger

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: About debugging trigger
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
In Postgresql it's

RAISE NOTICE 'Your Message Goes Here %', value_to _replace%_must_be_text_or_varchar;

Please note, this is not a question for PgAdmin. It should go to  pgsql-general@postgresql.org

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Michael Su
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:59 AM
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] About debugging trigger

Hi,

I have a question about how to insert standard output statement in trigger for debugging purpose.

I have tried using the following:

  • echo 'show debug message' ;
  • echo "show debug message" ;
  • print("show debug message");
  • print('show debug message');
  • dbms_output.put_line('show debug message');
  • dbms_output.put_line("show debug message");

However, I got the following error message:

  • ERROR:  syntax error at or near "echo" at character 1
    QUERY:  echo 'show debug message'
  • ERROR:  syntax error at or near "print" at character 1
    QUERY:  print('show debug message')
  • ERROR:  syntax error at or near "dbms_output" at character 1
    QUERY:  dbms_output.put_line("show debug message")

I know that in Oracle, the way to insert standard output statement in trigger is using dbms_output.put_line() method, but it doesn't seem to work in pgadmin.

I have already checked the frequently asked questions list as well as the pgAdmin documentation for a solution and I also have tried searching Google, however I can not find a solution for it. Please help when you get a chance!

Thank you in advance,

Michael