Re: Speed question - new view using preview view components

От Van Ly
Тема Re: Speed question - new view using preview view components
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 21/03/2010, at 12:23 PM, richard terry wrote:

> I wondered if when creating a new view from multiple tables, and then also
> joining to some fields of an existing view, if one pays much of a speed
> penalty when the data is retrieved, as opposed to just completely using all
> tables.

It is possible to measure the time of performance. In one way I know, you
could put the sql select call in a script for each of the two
situations and on a unix-like platform call for    timings    with

time sh situation0.sh
time sh situation1.sh

Best wishes.

Van Ly
van_ly@ovi.com

Ovi Store: New apps daily
http://store.ovi.com/?cid=ovistore-fw-bac-na-acq-na-ovimail-g0-na-3

Сообщение: Re: Speed question - new view using preview view components
Сообщение: Re: Speed question - new view using preview view components