Re: Consistent reference to RFCs in the documentation

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Consistent reference to RFCs in the documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 1 Dec 2020, at 13:39, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 05/11/2020 17:09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> The attached patch adds ulinks for all
>> RFC's and marks subsequent mentions as acronym to make the docs consistent.  It
>> also spells all as "RFC <number>" with a whitespace as that was the most
>> commonly used spelling (there is no RFC for how to reference to an RFC so we're
>> free to choose).
>
> There is RFC 7322, "RFC Style Guide", Section 3.5 Citations (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-3.5). That's
forthe style used in RFCs themselves. It recommends "RFC <number>" as well.

Interesting, I've looked for that more than once but failed to find that
section.  Thanks for pointing it out.

> Pushed, thanks!

Thanks!

cheers ./daenil

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Consistent reference to RFCs in the documentation
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Consistent reference to RFCs in the documentation