PostgreSQL from source using MinGW

От Lee, Patricia S.
Тема PostgreSQL from source using MinGW
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL from source using MinGW  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL from source using MinGW  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, All.

Has anyone successfully built PostgreSQL from source using MinGW?  Anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to do
this? I am willing to write the documentation on this if I can just get it to work.  :-)

I have done the following:
1. Install MinGW
a. Go to URL:  http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml
b. Download:  MinGW-4.1.1.exe
i. Install full set of packages
c. Download:  MSYS-1.0.10.exe
i. Answer y/n questions (installed MinGW on "c:/mingw".  Make sure this is entered because you will not be able to
mountthe directory otherwise.)
2.  Then, I ran "./configure"

However, I cannot get the make to work.  Do I still need to install the GNU Make utility?  Any suggestions?

LEEP ~/sources/PostgreSQL/postgresql-8.0.3
$ configure --prefix=/c/PostgreSQL/8.0.3
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking which template to use... win32
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking if gcc supports -Wdeclaration-after-statement... yes
checking if gcc supports -Wold-style-definition... yes
checking if gcc supports -Wendif-labels... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-strict-aliasing... yes
configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wold-style-definition-Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing
checking whether the C compiler still works... yes
checking allow thread-safe client libraries... no
checking whether to build with Tcl... no
checking whether to build Perl modules... no
checking whether to build Python modules... no
checking whether to build with Kerberos 4 support... no
checking whether to build with Kerberos 5 support... no
checking whether to build with PAM support... no
checking whether to build with Rendezvous support... no
checking whether to build with OpenSSL support... no
configure: WARNING: *** Readline does not work on MinGW --- disabling
configure: using CPPFLAGS= -I./src/include/port/win32 -DEXEC_BACKEND
configure: using LDFLAGS=-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for flex... no
configure: WARNING:
*** Without Flex you will not be able to build PostgreSQL from CVS or
*** change any of the scanner definition files.  You can obtain Flex from
*** a GNU mirror site.  (If you are using the official distribution of
*** PostgreSQL then you do not need to worry about this because the Flex
*** output is pre-generated.)
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for lorder... no
checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking for strip... strip
checking whether it is possible to strip libraries... yes
checking for bison... no
configure: WARNING:
*** Without Bison you will not be able to build PostgreSQL from CVS or
*** change any of the parser definition files.  You can obtain Bison from
*** a GNU mirror site.  (If you are using the official distribution of
*** PostgreSQL then you do not need to worry about this because the Bison
*** output is pre-generated.)  To use a different yacc program (possible,
*** but not recommended), set the environment variable YACC before running
*** 'configure'.
checking for perl... no
checking for main in -lbsd... no
checking for setproctitle in -lutil... no
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for main in -ldl... no
checking for main in -lnsl... no
checking for main in -lsocket... no
checking for main in -lipc... no
checking for main in -lIPC... no
checking for main in -llc... no
checking for main in -ldld... no
checking for main in -lld... no
checking for main in -lcompat... no
checking for main in -lBSD... no
checking for main in -lgen... no
checking for main in -lPW... no
checking for main in -lresolv... no
checking for library containing getopt_long... none required
checking for main in -lunix... no
checking for library containing crypt... no
checking for library containing fdatasync... no
checking for shmget in -lcygipc... no
checking for main in -lwsock32... yes
checking for inflate in -lz... no
configure: error: zlib library not found
If you have zlib already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-zlib to disable zlib support.

LEEP ~/sources/PostgreSQL/postgresql-8.0.3
$ make
You need to run the 'configure' program first. See the file
'INSTALL' for installation instructions.
make: *** [all] Error 1
LEEP ~/sources/PostgreSQL/postgresql-8.0.3
$ gmake
sh: gmake: command not found