Re: How do I track down a possible locking problem?

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: How do I track down a possible locking problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there a more appropriate place to ask this question? Or was my question unclear?

I dug some data, and it seems that whenever messages come at a rate of 75,000 per hour, they start picking delays of up to 10 minutes. If I go up to 100,000, delays pick up to about 20 minutes. And for 300,000 in one hour, I get delays of up to 3 hours or so.

Typically, during an hour in which 250,000 messages were processed, around 10% of them are delayed more than 20 minutes, and some for more than an hour.

Can anybody offer any insight? Do any of you get delays in inserts performed at this rate (250,000 per hour), meaning that the insert transaction takes more than 10 minutes? Is it a matter of fine-tuning the server? Note that at the same time there are other processes who also perform updates on the same tables, at about the same rate. So each of the tables gets a write about 500,000 times per hour. The table normally contains around 2-3 million records, and has 3 indexes.

Thank you,
Herouth